Having your swimming pool professional create a scale drawing of your backyard is key in making sure your full vision is realized. This can be done with artist renderings, or with computer model programs such as Pool Studio or Pool Draw. Before your swimming pool designer can help guide you through the process, here are some things to keep in mind.
Sizing up your backyard
- Provide your swimming pool designer with a plot of your property.
- Mark all known easements, septic tank, favorite tree, and other important obstacles that need consideration.
- Take a walk through your house to figure out what rooms present you with a view of your swimming pool area. Then pick the 2 areas that you utilize the most. Make sure the focal points of your swimming pool area are visible from those perspectives.
- Create a main point of interest with your swimming pool design project. Consider waterfalls, tanning ledges, spas, deck jets, fire pits in your overall swimming pool concept. Make sure you can see features from your points of view.
- The sound of running water should be incorporated.
- Creating multiple areas to socialise is a must in today’s staycation resorts.
- Fire pits and outdoor kitchens can really turn your swimming pool design project into a backyard dream.
- Too many times we try to build parking lots in our backyards. Use planters and negative space to accentuate focal points.
- Look through magazines and cut out pictures of landscaping and swimming pool backyard oasis that you love and present these to your designer.
- Challenge the swimming pool designer with providing at least one of those options within your quote.
- Use complimentary colours with a subtle contrast. Deep contrast can make a dramatic statement if done correctly, but all too many times end in disappointment.
- Build what you like. Keep in mind why you want the swimming pool in the first place. What drives you?