Swimming pools provide numerous benefits for families. Those with children or grandchildren will find their pool is a source of entertainment, family bonding and has a positive impact on health and wellness. While pools are a lot of fun, it’s also important to ensure the safety of children around the pool.
At Leisure Pools, we incorporate safety features into our pools such as these:
- Safety Ledge:Every Leisure Pools swimming pool has a safety ledge around the perimeter of the pool. The edge and walls of a pool are often slick and difficult for children to grasp when they get tired. The Leisure Pools safety ledge provides a ledge children can stand on to rest.
- Smooth Gelcoat Finish: Concrete pools often have a rough finish and children can scrape themselves. Leisure Pools’ composite fibreglass pools have a smooth gelcoat finish that is non-abrasive.
- Benches:Many of our pool designs have deep end swim-out benches or even benches that run the length of the pool.
In addition to the safety features Leisure Pools provides, these are some helpful tips for swimming pool safety:
- It’s helpful to talk to your children about swimming pool safety and teach children the rules for pool use–or you can even post the rules. This could be rules like walking instead of running to prevent slipping and falling, no diving (if your pool is too shallow a depth for diving), swim with a buddy and to only use the pool with an adult present.
- Make sure your pool has a fence or barrier around it to prevent small children wandering out to the pool area unattended. Make sure there is a latch or lock that is child-proof.
- Always supervise children while in the pool.
- Talk to your family about what to do in the event of an injury or accident. Discuss where a first aid kit can be found or how to use rescue devices like a safety ring buoy.
- If you’re child has not yet learned to swim, consider having your child wear a life jacket.
- It can be helpful for parents to become CPR certified for added peace of mind.
- Help children apply sunscreen before using the pool and keep an eye out for heat exhaustion and sunburn.
- Provide water and encourage children to stay hydrated.
With these safety tips in mind, you’ll have the peace of mind that your children or grandchildren can have a safe, fun time at the pool–providing a lifetime of fond memories. Are you ready for a Life of Leisure? Contact Leisure Pools today (www.leisurepools.com.au) and get swimming in quality and style.